Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mooly's Day

This year, Mooly bought baseball tickets so we could all celebrate Mother's Day Mooly-style.  The Yankees came to celebrate too.  Remember this post?  Mooly loves the Yankees.  (Well, not all Yankees, just a few particular ones).

We went to Jes and Brother.In.Law's apartment for brunch after church.  Then we all piled into the car and headed for The Ballpark.  Mooly picked the best seats ever!  We were way up above home plate.  Thirty minutes into the game, we were in the shade (I don't think the thin layer of SPF 15 I sprayed at the apartment would've lasted me 3 hours anyway), and there was a nice breeze blowing through the stadium.  I take that back... the "nice breeze" probably cost us a homerun or two... maybe it wasn't so nice afterall...

B.I.L had never been to a Major League Baseball game before.  We made him sit by the Yankee fans on our row.  He didn't seem to mind.  He did eat a hotdog.  And he whistled a few times.  Really loud.  I didn't know he could do that.

Mooly hit me in the arm for booing the home plate umpire after he made a less-than-satisfactory-and-extremely-crucial-bad-call.  "We don't boo!" she said.  I said he deserved it.  She said it didn't matter.  I didn't boo when the first base ump made a similar mistake.  Mooly was proud.

We didn't win.  But that's okay (at least that's what I keep telling myself).  We still had a perfect time.  Perfect seats.  Perfect weather (in the shade anyway).  Jes and I shared a perfect pretzel.  It was a Perfect Mooly's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment